Here's yet another project that has been finished since before the holidays, but I've not found the time to share it.
I got a box of great ribbon (expensive too!) from Steve's grandmother when we moved in back in August and rather than leave it in the box where I would no doubt forget about it, I wanted Steve to make me a rack to store it on.
I based mine on a set of photos I found on flikr via pinterest (and yes I want to copy them all, so fabulous) and made the dimensions so it would fit in the space next to the window in the craft room.
Steve couldn't make the cuts to have the dowels pull straight out the front like the original, so he drilled holes in the sides and I pull them out to the right.
One side has these cute wooden toy wheels stuck on and the other side has a groove cut into the dowel so I can slip metal clips into the groove.
These clips keep the dowels from sliding out of their own volition and are easy enough to pull off when I need to take off a spool of ribbon.
This was great to have around at Christmas; it made it so much easier to incorporate ribbons into my wrapping.
I may prime and paint it at some point in the future, but for now, I'm pleased as punch!